What is this program about?
What do students earn if they take this program?
Eight hairstylist courses (32 credits) and four credits in English (or other course studied) towards BC Dogwood Diploma and successful completion of the eight hair styling courses results in 990 hours credited towards the apprenticeship with ITA and permission to write the Certificate of Qualification Exam.
Full certification and Red Seal designation requires Level 1 and another 2560 hours of work recorded with the ITA by the Salon owner. Work based training – 8 hours per day x 5 days per week x 4 weeks per month =160/month =1920/year. Full certification: May take 1.5-2 years to complete.
Benefits to Students
Why should students take this program?
Level 1 completion permits students to work in salon and start their career!
Students are also registered in four Secondary School Apprentice (SSA) courses if they obtain a job at a salon with a Red Seal stylist. This can result in a $1000 Award from the BC Government.
Scholarship Criteria: To be completed by December 31st of the school year of turning 19 years old.
- Students complete 4 SSA courses (480 hours of work registered with the ITA by SD73)
- Students must maintain a C+ average
- Students work additional hours to total 900 hours (to be registered by the employer)
- Current address and Social Insurance Number on file so the Ministry of Education can send out the $1000 cheque around April
- You need 1100 hours for level one
- 3600 hours for red seal
- All hours must be registered with the ITA
Fees: This program is a great value at only $1260 which includes a $60 non-refundable deposit, the textbook and kit
$60.00 non-refundable deposit due with the application
$400.00 due on the first day of class in September
Th remaining $800.00 by either of the following:
1 payment – $800.00 due on the last day of January
2 payments – $400.00 each due in January and April
8 monthly payments – $100.00 due on the last day of each month starting in October and ending in May